IGS Audio V8 Compressor
The V8 Compressor features a three stepped circuit balanced by three transformers each for both channels, Lundahl on input and mid step. Carnhill on output.
The element responsible for the compression is the bridge composed of 4 pulse diodes. The device is constructed as a dual mono unit with channel link possible. All manipulators are stepped.
The V8 compressor is also equipped with a HPF Sidechain. This feature is designed to allow you to cut the lowest frequency region from compression. An additional switch on the front (+10THR) is designed to allow for increasing the compressor's threshold by an extra 10dB. This feature is useful when compressing very low signal or for very strong compression, IGS says. The typical application for IGS V8 is a bus compression.
- Dual mono unit
- Link switch
- XLR transformer balanced input and output
- 4 Lundahls and 2 Carnhills inside
- Hard-wire Bypass switch
- 25dB of gain reduction
- Crosstalk: -106dB
- Frequency response: - 0.1dB: 20Hz-20KHz
- 12 pole stepped manipulators
- Internal power supply
- 230V/110V Power option
- Power Consumption: 24 Watts
- Dimensions: 19" 2U, 230mm deep
- Shipping weight: 8 kilos
Check out www.igsaudio.pl for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Tube-Tech ME 1B Softube has released Tube-Tech ME 1B, Tube-Tech's unique take on the Pultec MEQ-5 midrange equalizer.
- Aphex Facebook & Twitter Contests Aphex has announced a pair of contests on Facebook and Twitter.
- Unity Audio Boulder The Boulder is Unity Audio's new 3-way active monitor, due to be available at the end of May.