Sennheiser PX 100
Sennheiser PX 100

Studio headphone from Sennheiser belonging to the PX series.

niafron niafron

«  Sound quality, comfortable to wear, practical, common defects: the fragility of the connection. »

Publié le 06/11/10 à 16:05
Used from 2008 to 2009.

My old headphones: I used a Sony headset for several years, cheap (40th) I used it quite fragile to play video games but the sound was so good to listen to music. Ipod headphones, its zero c. *, fashion and not solid. Panasonic headphones.

The peculiarity of the PX100 I like most is the sound quality while being very good for listening to various genres of music in there having fun, the sound is balanced and the bass are not invasive.
Then being able to fold the headphones and store in a sturdy box comes with, but the son of the earphones are on the outside and are fairly fragile. The headphone is pretty quiet once the head and comfortable to wear (I had it in black).

The one I like least is the strength of the connection is not very good for a portable and foldable headset is unforgivable, especially since the son is again on the sides, to outside, once the headphone bent. Like others one day I wanted to use it and there was the sound through a headphone.

The value for money would be great if it had not dropped because of a problem with the connection of the earpiece, the headset is fragile to use, the son of the earphones connector does is almost not strengthened, the last straw for this award (45th in 2008-2009), some Sennheiser headphones (obviously more expensive) have a detachable connector, but not here. The sound is very good for headphones of this type, the rest of the headphone is pretty solid and comfortable to wear.

No possibility to unscrew the speaker to deliver the wire or simply order a new part.
I want to say that Sennheiser asked me two thirds of the price to solve this problem, I had no sound in the earpiece. The earphones are permanently attached.

With the experience I have not bought.

Very good headphones to the lousy connection, I put my middle but it deserves better without the fragility of connections.

PS: I have since bought a Koss PortaPro (rival) the sound is less balanced, it is only suitable for music with lots of bass and is less comfortable to wear.