Shure SRH440
Shure SRH440

Studio headphone from Shure belonging to the SRH series.

yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« great for mixing »

Published on 10/06/11 at 23:28
I recently ordered the Shure SRH 440 headphones because I needed a pair of headpones for my home studio to mix in. I must say they sound great, but even more importantly they are really comfortable on your head. They fit right around your years and it really puts you in the middle of a mix.

I love the high end sound with them, and they mids are strong. But when it comes to the low end it’s a little punchy. Also, they low end is a little weak, but you really don’t want really strong low end in your headphones when your mixing. But the quality of my mixes has been great since I purchased these from guitar center about a week and half ago. I got them around 65 bucks on sale, and they came with a nice leather pouch to keep them in for traveling or just so they are out of the way when you arent using them. The cord can also be removed for storage as well, Im not too sure why they made them like they. I guess so if you have to travel with them a lot. I just don’t like the idea of having to assemble headphones. I prefer these over the dre beats that are over exaggerated on the low and with way to much bass. Dre beats are good for listening to your ipod with, but the Shure SRH 440 are better for mixing if you don’t believe me just ask around.

I was amazed at the quality and sound of this headphone. It works great as a studio headset but did not believe the guitar center rep when he said that is would work as mix down/mastering headphones. I was pleasantly surprised. I have mixed a piano trio recital, live chorus concert and lots of electronic and blues/rock with them. There are outstanding for the money. The Shure 440 are more durable and way better sounding without all the static background noise that you get with the Sony MDR-7506. Shure 440 is truly a great product!