[MUSIKMESSE] dbx 565 Dual-Band Optical Compressor
dbx presents the 565 Dual-Band Optical Compressor, a 500 series compressor for studio or live sound applications.
The 565 splits the incoming signal into two bands using Linkwitz-Riley 4th-order (24dB/octave) crossover filters, for an ultra-flat frequency response. Crossover frequency can be selected using the 8-stage FREQUENCY selector.
Each of the two compression bands offers independent control of threshold, attack time, release time, and output (makeup) gain. Each band can be muted using the LOW MUTE or HIGH MUTE buttons, allowing bands to be soloed for fine tuning, for auditioning a band when adjusting the frequency control, or to simply apply a high or low-pass filter to the signal. The amount of drive into the compression circuit can be adjusted with the INPUT LEVEL control.
Compression can be enabled/disabled per band using the COMP buttons for comparison against the uncompressed signal or for bypassing a band’s processing. A global BYPASS switch is also provided to compare the overall processed signal against the unprocessed signal.
The user interface also features a VU meter for output level metering and a pair of 5-segment LED meters displaying each band's gain reduction amount.
- Dual-band optical compression with Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/octave crossover filters
- 8-stage crossover frequency selection from 65 Hz–3.5 kHz
- Master input level control
- Threshold, attack, & release controls per band
- Compression on/off button per band
- Mute button per band
- Output level control per band
- Circuit bypass switch
- 5-segment LED gain reduction meter per band
- Vintage-style output level VU meter
Announced US MSRP is $624 for an estimated street price of $499.99. Release date is (half-)defined as "soon".
More details at dbxpro.com.
And for your eyes only, a look at the dbx 500 rack at Musikmesse 2016:
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] DynaMount X1-R Dynamount demonstrates its app-based system of automated mounts for microphones at the 2016 Musikmesse.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Sennheiser HandMic digital Sennheiser presents the HandMic digital, which claims to transforms any smartphone or tablet into a quality recording tool for vocals and speech.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Soundcraft Vi2000 Soundcraft presents the Vi2000, the most compact version in the brand's Vi series of digital consoles.