Rhythmic Robot NanoMod Series
Rhythmic Robot offers Kontakt user a series of very affordable tweakable wave libraries designed for sonic creation.
The NanoMod Series currently features 6 libraries, each available for £3 and dedicated to a single instrument or drum part. Rhythmic Robot used several analog waveforms in a smart synthesis engine and offers a reduced, yet essential, number of controls for these waves in a custom GUI. Smart control means that changing the value of one knob can also affect the values or behavior of other controls :
- 2 filter banks in series : Grit and Smooth
- Proprietary Glitch to randomize all the parameters
- Envelope: allows for morphing between 5 types of envelopes (blips, tines, swells, reverses and organs)
- Punch: adds compression and distortion
- Glow: chorus and ambiant reverb
- Shimmer: modulation effects to add movement to the pitch and amplitude, and even slapback delay at higher levels
- Warmth: uses elements that add analog-style instability
- Bend: replaces the Glow control in the drum libraries
- EQ: replaces the Warmth control in the drum libraries
The “melodic” libraries are based on two blendable waveforms sampled from hardware analog synths ; rhythmic libraries use 8 waves which cannot be blended.
Some info about each library:
- Rich Pads : create pads, synthscapes, strings… wave 1 is a triangle, wave 2 is a sawtooth generated by 2 oscillators and sent to a SuperSawtor
- Cool Reeds: dedicated to reed organ sound ; wave 1 mixes a real reed organ sound to a synthesized pulse wave, wave 2 combines detuned and layered pulse waves which are synthesized for a fatter sound than wave 1
- Kick: drum library with 8 waves modeled or inspired by classic drum machines and synths (Yamaha MR10, Vermona Syncussion, TR-808/909, Roland R5)
- Hot Brass: a wide variety of brass sounds with 2 waves based on the Yamaha CS10/CS30 and Korg Lambda
- Analog Bass: for any bass variation, with a square wave from the SH7 and wave 2 with a slightly distorted triangle wave combined to a sinus sub-oscillator pitch one octave below
- Snare: completes the Kick library in the drum arsenal ; the first 4 wave are analog and the other 4 are digital
Discover these NanoMods and listen to audio demos of each library at www.rhythmicrobot.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Universal Audio Half Yearly Sale Universal Audio launched a one-month special sale with up to 50% off many UAD plug-ins.
- New deals at MeldaProduction in June For the third consecutive month, MeldaProduction offers a 50% discount off three plug-ins every three days.
- Voxengo updates Elephant to v4.1 New update for the Voxengo Elephant mastering limiter plug-in, which version 4 was released last February.