I am among those who do not judge the quality of a product based on its brand, but according to its design, functionality, robustness.
This player seems to be good, I'm offered two ... I have therefore tested overnight delivery and here is the report:
- Very good sound
- Knob precise pitch
- Cue and play had to meet
- Takes 5 to 10 sec to make a CD insert
- The aesthetics of the device in no way corresponds to the image as it is everywhere on this site here's how it actually looks like: https://www.conrad.fr/wcsstore/ConradImages/PRODUITS/2245803_p_g . jpg ( https://www.conrad.fr/wcsstore/ConradImages/PRODUITS/2245803_p_g.jpg )
- The reader does not exceed 8 kg and 3-4 kg
- They announce two perfect loops: there is a loop, and not perfect at all, 0.2s white to each loop
- They announce 4 hot cue: no one hot cue
- If you're looking frame, the jog wheel allows you to walk frame by frame: if you turn the jog wheel for a second or even very slowly, reading ahead of a coup d'1 .5 s
- Research frame mode, the player enters the frame loop, a loop of 5, the player keeps playing for 1s
- To calculate the BPM of your song, you must press the button in rhythm "TAP BPM". This feature does not compute the average being pushed as a reference but only the time elapsed since the last button press.
The negative experience (in 7 hours continuous testing, they turned in a night box):
- After adjusting the pitch of 1.9, the screen started to show 1.8 2.0 1.9
2.1 1.9 ...
- Four times on the evening the players were planted, and have become
unusable, no more button unresponsive; one solution: turn them off
- At one point, the player showed he was reading the track 84 (on a CD
- At one point, the pitch / jog no longer worked for 40 seconds
- At one point, a reader posted that he was on break (screen + button
play) while reading the CD
- On several occasions, readers have stopped for 5 seconds in full
- Late evening, one of the players no longer wanted to play any CD
- BPM is activated, it puts on elapsed time, playback on single ... whenever
it ejects the CD, all parameters are reset.
Basically, the next day, back shop and I figured ordered two Denon DNS-1200 ... a little more expensive but at least they are worth!