Denon DJ DN-S1200
Denon DJ DN-S1200
pvesco pvesco

«  I like, I do not like »

Published on 05/18/12 at 06:42
Platinum professional quality (made for heavy use ...) Only used a few evenings after a DN4500 mode DVS alternately with VDJ and Traktor.
I really like: use with Traktor or VDJ, all fontionne natively, touch and sensitivity controls are nice, well graded and precise timing, pitch (buttons or platter).
I like: the size of the plate (this is important sometimes, it's the only deck of this size that offers this level of performance, see the photo added to the need for an evening on an existing board .. .), general ergonomics (buttons, menus ...), keys, effects, jog the plateau, the eject cd that is secured by the judgment of the plate.
The quality of the internal sound card which although less than what Pioneer's equivalent model, is quite correct in both usb with software. The are is punchy and round.
Use with any "starts faders" (Denon mixing desk and mandatory once the piece is wedged carefully!! Grrr see below) is reactive equivalent to what Pio: strength of the plate.

I'm embarrassed by (not to say I do not like, it's a matter of personal feeling and it does not diminish the side "pro" of the plate) the relative imprecision that is experienced in Sampler slot just the beginning of a song on CD or USB. Let me explain: when using a Pioneer CDJ 200 and DenonDNs1200 behind, we feel the difference. It should be more careful about this point, that's all.
Latency initially start / cue or VDJ by using traktor as I had with the 4500. The difference with Pioneer equipment is important on this point but it depends on the style of work.

Value for money good or very good (there are cheap occases in very good condition) who wants to switch to digital without changing the mix mixer. To use a CD or memory is better to spend 3700 or something ...
Sold quickly: I have not sold my Denon4500 for detomber incovénients with the same (you'll notice I did not say "defects" ...). No, but ...
To conclude and summarize: stuff of good quality but globatement a tone below the reference P. .. If you want to use it with traktor or vdj mainly go for it. Depending on the style or the frequency of use, these plates are a reference not to be neglected. Compared to control Traktor platform or Denon, you'll be in top quality, ergonomic controls and key lifetime. While keeping a true and good mixing desk if you already use a ...