Laney GH100S
Laney GH100S

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Laney belonging to the GH series.

charcuto charcuto
Publié le 02/16/09 à 02:30
The GH100S is a tube amp head 100 watts, in all respects identical to GH100TI, except that the corners are plastic instead of metal. It has 4 EL34 power tubes (on mine, they are original Sovtek), which can be replaced by 588I/6L6 and 4 preamp tubes.
On the front cover, there are the traditional knobs Bass, Mid, Trebble, Master Volume and Gain, Presence and a volume pot, quite effective. Level switches, in addition to the inevitable On / Off and Stand Bye, there are 3 small switches: Resonance, Bright and Bass. Oh yes, the important fact that there is only one channel, so either you use only one sound, or you depend on your belongings ... There are cons with 2 inputs: a Low and High to choose according to your microphone volume.
At the rear, lots of connections: an effects loop, with its volume knob attached to a switch 3 positions: Side Chain Insert (for different mixtures of volume) and of course, Bypass. Slave In and Out Slave, a DC Bias (for lamps), and connections for the speakers (for one or two speaker cabinets, 4, 8 or 16 ohms).
So it's all good, only a second N O channel to stop me 10.

The sound setup is simple, because there are not 36 knobs, switches and Bass, Bright and Resonance, and the volume pot to allow the presence of "out" sound quite easily, giving the body of relief.
It is very easy to find the clear sound effects that accompany the (Me, I used it like that), the possibilities are very numerous.
If like me you have not had a manual, you can always use one of GH100Ti available on the website of Laney; that said, the settings are quite meaningful to do without power.

I was looking for an amp with a large volume of output: I was not disappointed. At this level, the GH100S is monstrous! I used it in a group with a Jackson Kelly and 1960A 4x12 Marshall cabinet, to the metal, well, that's great (note: I did not use the amp's natural distortion, but the pedals). He collects everything, and allows an almost infinite number of sound settings, allowing it to adapt to the sound wherever you play.

It was used by two different groups every Saturday and Sunday concerts and suffered for 5 years without fail. I still do the repair 2 times, each time due to mishandling of guitarists take precautions (non-compliance of the impedances, for example).
I love his power and strength. At the time I used it, I did not like his disto, but only because it is inappropriate to death metal at this level, I loved the Peavey 5150 and Ultra. on the other hand I would never trade it against a Marshall head, the sound too sloppy and clumsy next!