< Tous les avis Splawn Amplification Quick Rod
Splawn Amplification Quick Rod
Splawn Amplification Quick Rod
Maxcreed Maxcreed
Published on 10/23/14 at 10:56
2-channel tube amp 100/50 Watt 3 modes for the overdrive channel and a boost for solos + effects loop with master volume post-ft guy.

Simple setup, we easily get a good sound.

No need to have a manual unless you really dropped ...

To the great big British rock & US is nickel.

AC / DC to Godsmack through VH, Guns&#39;n&#39;Roses (looks elsewhere that this amp was designed expressly for) short good big crunch to overdrive well greedy saturation, everything goes easily.

- The clean channel first: not easy to use because very soon "foil" and breaks ear.
The solution? Push the gain to 3/4 => the sound is clean because the channel is not expected to cruncher actually gaining body, much like a pre-drive. With a little reverb in the loop (very transparent) that does it quite well. It may even be the next jazzy guitar (Les Paul).

Good after it&#39;s not a Fender but it&#39;s laaargement taf.

It&#39;s not really for the clean we buy this gear.

- Channel saturated: aaaah finally, the heart of the matter!
The Taz (see previous review) states that the amp is too steep or that one has a single sound ... I do not agree with that.
90% of the Atlantic find great reviews and versatile enough little that remains in the realm of rock and roll.
The channel is very accurate, can sometimes hurt the ears in the treble (like a JCM800 or Soldano or 99.99% of the existing amps also on the market).

But if one follows the recommendations of our friends the Jam ... uh the Yanks, this amp is made to be used in cases of large saturations with gears 2 and 3 and not only on the gear 1 as do three quarters of people who complain about not having the sound of a plexi ...

In short, this amp has a speck of egg, you can play the gain to 10 of the most saturated mode (it&#39;s not necessarily my case for that matter) and get an arpeggio that the guitar volume is 10 or 2 => all spring nickel.

Note that even with very high doses of drive, the amp off again on a slight crunch to the volume quite easily. It does not have the sensitivity of a plexi but still very responsive.

If you engage the effects loop, the sound becomes much more fat and saggy. It is thicker, maybe a hair less accurate (but more than anything I&#39;ve played) and you can finally use the master volume on the back.

This master helps push the front volume and operate the amp completely differently.

Is no more complete for those who love big rock&#39;n&#39;roll in the broadest sense.

The loop takes effect divinely leaving the dynamics of the amp (which is monstrous) intact.

Moreover, it is exploitable at any volume and that&#39;s frankly not won with a traditional JCM800.

And yes, because this amp is a great JCM800 not a JTM45 (so often accused). Do not think of SRV play and have the same sound, it&#39;s impossible ... (though I&#39;ve never plugged it strat)

It sends this may be straight but that track in the mix like butter, the ingestion-son are happy and in addition it has a mouth of hell (it&#39;s subjective ok).

In short, trying friends but frankly it&#39;s very fun to play.

Highly recommended for all that is Gibson and Gibson-like.

I&#39;ve had two and a half years.

I owned him before the JCM800 (2205 and 2204), ENGL Fast Hand Motion (Blackmore limited series), Mesa single and dual sided (mouaif ...) JCM900 SL-X (nice but a bit dull), Soldano Hot Rod 100+ (nice but too "intermediate product" as his and this time it really does make a single sound), a replica of plexi 1987 (I fell in love). Maybe I forget ...

Sincerely, both for some models, all tastes are in nature (I think the Soldano).

Same for other objectively it is 2 or 3 notches above: the JCM are dropped, the front too (good after it&#39;s so different you can not compare), ENGL too (too sharp and rigid), the Soldano (well there it is a matter of taste because it is the only one that is actually in the same range).

I am selling because I am more attracted to the side of his Marshall plexi (well, hopefully not regret it against ...).

And also because I&#39;m selling, it seems good to fix some "one says" sometimes stand on Francophone forums while trying to remain as objective as possible.

After that, I will not lie to you: this amp is not designed to make the lace although eventually many styles can be addressed and it excels in this why it was designed: to rock&#39;n&#39;roll under the wider!

Splawn: 1 - Marshall (plexi post;-)): 0