Universal Audio UAD Updated To v5.3
Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software v5.3 for the UAD platform.
Changes in v5.3:
- All Platforms:
o New plug-in: UAD 4K Channel Strip.
o New plug-in: UAD 4K Buss Compressor.
o New plug-in: UAD Cooper Time Cube Mk II (UAD-2 only).
o Extra presets are included in installation.
o Enhanced dialogs when loading authorizations.
o (UAD Meter) Added key command for "Always On Top" mode.
o (UAD Meter) Card disable button updates after scrolling in System Information tab.
o (UAD Meter) Use Host Mode setting works properly in Cubase 4/Nuendo 4.
o UAD buffer automatically configures to match audio hardware I/O setting.
o Mono instances generally use less DSP.
o Factory presets available in RTAS format.
o (Mac) Fixed plug-in UI drawing issues under Mac OS 10.5 Leopard.
o New firmware improves overall performance and stability.
o RE-201 now sonically matches UAD-1 version.
o Fixed "DSP Load Limit" error with multiple Cambridge EQ instantiations.
o Fixed Precision EQ "DSP Limit Expired" error when DSP Load Lock is disabled.
o Fixed intermittent audio corruption and system spiking with Precision De-Esser.
- Windows: Plug-in subfolders are created when UAD presets saved with UAD Toolbar.
- Macintosh: Authorization files can be dragged onto UAD Meter window.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Universal Audio Cooper Time Cube Mk II, The Cooper Time Cube Mk II includes a 14-day fully functional demo and is now available for purchase to UAD-2 owners for $149.
- [NAMM] Universal Audio UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop Universal Audio today announced the creation of the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop™, a compact ExpressCard™ version of their UAD-2 SOLO DSP Accelerator card.
- Universal Audio UAD-2 Omni Universal Audio, a manufacturer of audio hardware and DSP Powered Plug-Ins for digital audio workstations, today announced the release of the UAD-2 Omni, a comprehensive package including all thirty-four UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins accompanying either a Duo or more powerful Quad DSP card.