Samson Technologies C03U
Samson Technologies C03U
Max Chauvinator Max Chauvinator

«  I always use »

Publié le 10/02/10 à 08:53
This is a large diaphragm condenser microphone with USB port (no need to go through a sound card, it plugs directly into a computer). 3 Directivity: omnidirectional, unidirectional and bidirestionnel. adjustments from 0 or-10dB. Filtering of low frequencies.

I use it for 2 years now and I still do not regret my purchase (probably one of the best choices I have made in terms of buying hardware music).
Operation is simple: plug the USB microphone, open the recording software (Music Maker for me), we Selects between the corresponding micro and recorded.
So yes there is a little latency but really cel dpend software and BCAN on which we work. Obviously, some people do not take the time to read the file "read me" when they encounter a problem. I always had a latency problem and I learned my vocal tracks recorded with this problem (my latency is 300ms widely LOWER). In the mix I compensate this latency replaant my track record in time compared REFERENCES track (an instrumental). Latency is really the problem we always meet by recording computer, do not be fooled.

In terms of sound, I used this microphone for different applications (voice, acoustic guitar, drum overheads, recording a BPS with the microphone in the middle pos of the room, sound effects etc. ... ) the reslut Diffre following its use.
- For voice recess must use a filter molard, the sound is very much workable and highly satisfactory.
- For the guitar, he also made the very good job, take care, placement and management. By varying the directivity orientations and positions the microphone, it happens fast enough to get what one seeks.
- With overhead is sufficient for making omni but it is always best to use multiple microphones for a more convincing RESULT.
- Then comes the exprience in RPTE. The trick is to do all rglages amp before taking (the edits are very limits in the mix). Mic position plays an important rle. It must grate between the battery, amps height etc. ... In the end, omni position not too far from the battery with enough amps strong and after some test sounds rang Plutt well. Well, was not worth a record $ 3 billion, has sounded even Plutt New York hardcore punk (what little glue ready gnral our style) but the r RESULT satsifaisant is enough at first to the beats. on the other hand I have taken to remake a voice because we got along normment not. With some clever touches of sound, we get a little more sound comprhensible. This recording is really mthode used as a last resort, D. systm

Finally, I would say as purchase this microphone is the best choice if you do not have a budget lev. This is my first microphone for recording and I think at least still keep a long time if not forever.