Sony Creative Software has announced the imminent availability of Vegas Pro 10.0d.
The NLE now includes new closed captioning options, 3D solutions, support for AMD’s ATI graphics chipsets using OpenCL as well as an new track group workflow.
Vegas Pro 10.0d's enhanced closed captioning support now provides broadcast editors with the ability to read and write closed captioning embedded in MPEG-2, which is designed to enable a unified workflow for EIA-608, EIA-708 and MXF delivery options. Furthering the software’s editing functions, Vegas Pro 10.0d incorporates timeline burning to full-frame 3D Blu-ray Discs.D.
Vegas Pro 10.0d expands its GPU accelerated AVC encoding support to video editing professionals using AMD ATI graphics chipsets which support OpenCL, the open standard for parallel programming of heterogeneous systems. This new feature is designed to enable faster project rendering when using the Sony AVC encoder. Additional updates include MVC and MPO 3D file format compatibility from Sony cameras including TD10, NX3D1, TD300 and the Alpha and NEX series, providing users with added support for advanced camera and media technologies.
New Features in Vegas Pro 10.0d:
- GPU Accelerated AVC Encoding Support Expanded to AMD – Adds support for users with AMD ATI graphics chipsets which support OpenCL to use the Sony AVC encoder for project rendering.
- 3D MVC and MPO File Format Support – Additional native support for emerging MVC and MPO 3D file formats provides continued functionality with camera and media technology (Sony cameras that support these formats include: TD10, NX3D1, TD300, and the Alpha and NEX series).
- 3D Blu-ray Disc Timeline Burning – New burning capability allows users to burn HD 3D Blu-ray Discs onto BD-R/BD-RE media, providing editors with an ingest, edit and delivery option for 3D media.
- Support for the XDCAM PMW-500 Camera – Supports both optical (XDCAM Optical) and memory (XDCAM EX) formats.
- New Closed Captioning – New closed caption integration allows users to read and write closed captioning embedded within MPEG2 streams, enabling a common workflow for CEA-608, CEA-708 and MXF delivery options.
- Improved Track Grouping Workflow – Improvements to track grouping include new mute/solo technology to help users isolate and work with specific tracks while mixing.
Price and Availability
Vegas Pro 10.0d will be available for download in late April at www.sonycreativesoftware.com and is free for existing registered Vegas Pro 10 users, or $249.95 for owners of Vegas Pro 9 or prior. Vegas Pro 10.0d is also available for purchase at retailers worldwide for a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of U.S. $699.95. Localized French, German, Spanish and Japanese versions are also available.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Lumen, new software analog video synth Paracosm introduces its upcoming Lumen, a semi modular « analog » video synthesizer that will be released this summer for Mac OS X.
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] A GoPro for Musicians GoPro, the leader in the portable camera market, showcases a Music Edition of its HERO3+, that we discovered today at Musikmesse 2014.
- Media Composer 7 featuring iZotope Insight iZotope and Avid partnered in order to include the Insight metering tools suite to the new Media Composer 7.