Audio Damage Phosphor
Audio Damage has announced the release of Phosphor, a new VSTi/AU instrument modeled on thealphaSyntauri, a vintage digital additive synth.
The original alphaSyntauri required an Apple //e to operate, but Audio Damage says it has eliminated the middle-man, so you can have this digital synth in your DAW of choice.
Featuring two sixteen-partial additive oscillators, each with its own amp envelope, Phosphor's topology follows the alphaSyntauri, while adding features such as velocity control, a more extensive modulation routing system, tempo-synced LFOs, a pair of delays, and two monophonic modes. The noise and oscillators are able to work in the original alphaSyntauri resolutions, and can also be run at modern sample rates. This is said to result in a more sophisticated and capable synth than the original, without compromising the ability to recreate the classic sounds of the early days of digital synthesis.
- Two oscillator/envelope sections modeled on the original topology of the alphaSyntauri.
- Each set of partials can run in "lo-fi" mode, emulating the original, or in a modern mode for alias-free sines.
- The noise can be either "lo-fi" digital shift-register noise, or modern white noise.
- Two delay sections with LP/HP filtering and cross-feedback.
- Two tempo-syncable LFOs with multiple modulation destinations.
- 80 presets included that show off the extensive sound generating capabilities of Phosphor.
- Full MIDI Learn.
Pricing & Availability
Phosphor is now available for purchase in the AD store for $59. It's available for Windows (32-/64-bit) and Mac OS X (Intel) in VST and AU instrument plug-in formats.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sugar Bytes Effectrix 1.4.2 Effectrix 1.4.2 is now available.
- vladg/sound Molot vladg/sound has released beta version 0.2.112 of Molot, a new VST compressor plug-in with a GUI inspired by an old Soviet military device.
- [NAMM] Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec A collaboration between mp3 creator Fraunhofer IIS and Sonnox Ltd., has resulted in a plug-in designed to change the way audio is mastered for online distribution.