Rayzoon Jamstix 3.2
Rayzoon has released version 3.2.0 of its virtual drummer Jamstix.
This update offers various enhancements and fixes and is available now to all Jamstix 3 owners at no charge. The demo version has also been updated.
- While in preview loop, the current bar can now be changed via clicking on the bar timeline.
- Added 'End Crash' sound selection option to fill generator and global action menu.
- Added 'Send Whole Kit To MIDI Channel' function to kit menu.
- Sound selection menus now also show related kit piece name.
- Added options to 'Global Actions' in song menu to enable/disable start crash and end crash options for fills.
- Added velocity offset for Jamcussion. Hold ALT while in JC mode and the song power knob will show and adjust this offset. Turn left to reduce JC power and vice versa.
- Added 'Position-Based Dampening' to kit menu, saved to project.
- AUTO and BAR settings now save globally.
- Added 'List Brain Elements' to brain menu.
- Groove brain elements can now be moved (left-click header).
- Added missing value display for several brain controls.
- Added list of installed expansions to ABOUT screen (click on JAMSTIX header).
- Added ini file option 'LargeTuningRange'. If set to 1, kit editor tuning will be +/- 80% versus the default 20%.
- Velocity line color in the bar editor can now be changed in ini file as BGR value (i.e BEVeloColor=$00FF00 is green).
- Locked note color in the bar editor can now be changed in ini file as BGR value (i.e BELockedColor=$FF0000 is blue).
- Fixed copy/paste of multiple parts.
- Fixed problem with spaces when renaming Jamstix classic controls.
- Fixed fill settings resetting when adding groove or accent brain elements.
- Fixed GUI confusion when re-opening JS in Jamcussion mode with GUI caching disabled.
- Fixed mixer being bypassed when 'Never Downmix' is enabled.
- Fixed 'Behavior' and 'Alternating' not updating in GUI when changed via MIDI controller.
- Fixed groove weights resetting when reloading non 4/4-projects.
- Fixed problem in the 'Freestyle' hihat opening element.
- Fixed problem when loading liveloop songs.
- Fixed 'Turn Groove Into Style' not working with groove-changing players.
- Fixed 'Auto Snare' not working with 'Jamstix Classic' style.
- Fixed static tom usage in "Tom Groove" element.
- Fixed graphic overlap in Jamstix Classic brain controls for non-4/4 meters.
- Fixed error when changing hihat sound.
- Fixed problem with excessive snare notes with certain styles.
- Fixed groove functions of player models creating notes in intro parts.
- Locked notes are no longer suppressed by blocking functions such as 'Early Downbeat'.
More information on this update can be found here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.