Phalanx virtual sampler expected soon
Vengeance Sound started to post video tutorials about Phalanx, which lets us think that the virtual sampler will be available soon.
Phalanx is a drum and synth sampler which will be available as a VSTi, AU and RTAS/AAX plug-in for Mac and Windows. It was created in partnership with Keilwerth Audio. The number of features is quite impressive, and so is the built-in 6000 sound library.
Here are the first details:
- 128 voice polyphony
- 16 sample pads, each with arpeggiator, parametric 4-band EQ, 2 independent LFOs, high and low-pass filters and LoFi function
- Ability to layer 2 samplers per slot and mix them using the crossfader
- Ability to use your own external samples via drag and drop (with tag support)
- Sample reverse
- Retrigger feature
- Polyphonic and legato modes
- Drumkit and multitrack modes
- Loop section with granual effects, reverse playback, ping pong and crossfade
- Kill notes function
- Amplitude, filter, pitch and modulation envelopes, with speed control and tempo sync, realtime adjustment
- The modulation envelope can loop and therefore works as a custom LFO
- 12 filter types and filter saturation
- 8 insert effect slots with 17 types
- Reverb by Arts Acoustic
- Modulation matrix
- Scratch simulator
- Ability to use Vengeance Sound plug-ins (Metrum, Sidechain, Philta...)
- Customizable GUI with colors, names...
- 3 assignable GUI controllers
- 16 audio outputs and MIDI routing
- Full automation
- MIDI Learn
- Presets included
- Expansion packs available in the future
- Lifetime free updates
Phalanx will be available in two versions, the standard will cost 199€ and the Premium for 249€. You can discover the tutorials on www.youtube.com, and more info is expected soon on www.vengeance-sound.de.
Viewers of this article also read...
- WaveLab 8 trial version Steinberg has released the trial version of the WaveLab 8 audio editor.
- Clavia Nord Beat 2 app available Clavia has updated its Nord Beat MIDI step sequencer for the iPad to version 2.0.
- Cubasis for iPad now in v1.5 Steinberg has updated its Cubasis app for iPad to version 1.5, which adds new sounds to the DAW.