AmpliTube Fender for iOS v1.2
IK Multimedia announced an update of AmpliTube Fender for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
The new 1.2 version offers MIDI integration and digital audio support, a redesigned recorder and mixer section, audio copy/paste, Retina display graphic updates and more.
At its most basic level, AmpliTube Fender for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is a guitar and bass rig that allows players to jam with Fender tone. AmpliTube Fender features amplifiers like the '59 Bassman, the Fender '65 Twin Reverb, the Super-Sonic, the '65 Deluxe Reverb and the Pro Junior, plus Fender stompbox models - the Fender Blender, Overdrive, Tape Echo, Phaser and Compressor.
Additionally AmpliTube Fender includes the ability to record and compose entire songs directly within the app with the newly redesigned built-in recording studio. Audio copy/paste is also now supported for copying/pasting audio source material between tracks in the recorder, or entire mixes between apps like Garageband.
AmpliTube Fender version 1.2 allows players to control the app using standard MIDI controllers. With a MIDI interface - like IK Multimedia's iRig MIDI - players can use AmpliTube Fender in the studio or on stage by controlling every AmpliTube parameter or preset from their existing MIDI floor controllers or another type of standard MIDI controllers.
Also, AmpliTube Fender 1.2 now works with iOS-compatible digital audio interfaces - like IK Multimedia'sStealthPlug USB audio interface cable on the iPad with the Apple Camera Connection kit.
The new AmpliTube Fender 1.2 packs a multitude of new features:
- MIDI Integration. This feature allows users to control AmpliTube Fender 1.2 via standard MIDI controllers using an iOS MIDI interface such as iRig MIDI. This allows to remotely switch presets or to control each knob, switch or controller on the interface with a physical controller. The feature is available as in-app purchase and it is free for iRig MIDI users.
- Support for all 30-pin Audio Devices. AmpliTube Fender 1.2 now supports digital audio input/output via the 30-pin connector with compatible standard core audio devices.
- Redesigned Recorder section. The new recorder section of AmpliTube Fender 1.2 now includes a Loop function for looping sections of recorded material, a new visual Metronome and a quick access Tap Tempo button.
- New Mixer section. A new mixer interface has been added to the recorder allowing control of master reverb send, channel level, pan control, mute and solo buttons, plus an FX button for applying the AmpliTube signal chain to the recorded material on the individual channels. This feature also allows "re-amping".
- New Copy/Paste function. Now users can copy or paste audio materials to and from other apps that support this feature, or copy the content of one channel in the mixer to another channel.
- Restore in-app purchases. By using the new Restore Purchases feature, simplifies the update process for users that has purchased more gear via in-app purchase.
- Export audio via SoundCloud or FTP. In addition to exporting recorded material using email and file sharing now users will be able to upload and share their materials online on FTP or via SoundCloud.
- Retina Display support. AmpliTube Fender 1.2 now has an interface designed for higher resolution retina displays both on iPhone and on the new iPad.
Pricing & Availability:
The new AmpliTube Fender 1.2 update is now available in the App Store as a free update for all previous AmpliTube Fender users on iPhone or in iPad.
For new users AmpliTube Fender 1.2 costs $14.99/€11.99. A free version of AmpliTube Fender 1.2 is also available with a limited set of gear models included.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] New M-Audio Axiom A.I.R. M-Audio have announced their new Axiom A.I.R. series of keyboard controllers.
- Steinberg Padshop Pro Steinberg Media Technologies released the Padshop Pro granular synthesizer.
- Robot Planet BattleComp Vintage Mac OS X Robot Planet has released a Mac OS X VST version of the free "BattleComp Vintage" compressor plug-in.