HG Fortune Alphatron
HG Fortune has announced the release of Alphatron, a new synth inspired by the idea of creating a synthesizer for bass and high sequences which can serve as a companion to Avatar ST's pads, atmos and soundscapes.
Alphatron is not just a simple VA synthesizer, instead, in using a 3rd oscillator with digital waves of single cycle type, it offers more variation. Thus it can do analog-style sounds reminiscent of the old Moog and Prophet days but also merge this with the digital realm.
Main features (based on Pro version)
- 1 VA Oscillator with up to 6 poly waves for Saw, Ramp, Sine, Tri, and Pulse.
- 1 VA Oscillator with single waves as above plus white and pink noise, Sync slave.
- 1 Sample Oscillator with fairly typical digital waves (single cycle type) with different harmonic content, Sync master.
- 1 Amplitude Modulation with dedicated output.
- 1 24 dB resonant Low Pass filter with dedicated ADSR EG, 4 mixable mod sources.
- 1 VCA EG. Note: Both EG have 3 modes: exponential, reverse exponential, and linear; and optional control for Attack and Decay by velocity.
- 1 Booster or Exciter selectable.
- 1 Mystify with three selectable types (Brite, Soft, Dark).
- 1 BPM synced Delay with adjustable Offset controlled manually or by modsource, Pan.
- 1 Bass Boost.
- 1 Pan for undelayed signal.
- 1 small Reverb for adding some nice flavour.
- 1 Saturator.
- 1 main Volume.
- 3 x LFO, 1 x Duo LFO (with two waves and phase control for 2nd wave), 1 x S&H.
- 1 Pitch LFO with option to speed up or down the LFO speed.
- 16 Step Sequencer (with Shuffle) for notes and velocity plus mute buttons for each step. Includes 8 pattern slots per patch and 4 global pattern slots for instant changes.
- 3 Wheels.
- Aftertouch as selectable modsource.
- 8 Lazy buttons.
- 8 GUI variants selectable.
- 128 patches.
Both free and commercial versions are available. The major differences of Basic Free (less features)
- Only 64 patches.
- No Lazy buttons.
- Only 4 Seq Pattern per patch & 2 global Seq Pattern.
- 2 voices.
- No selectable GUI (instead there is a choice of four different dll to download).
- No patch select on GUI, but a silly scroller reminder not to forget to support the developer.
Pricing & Availability
Alphatron is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in. The commercial version costs €29.
Viewers of this article also read...
- New Sonic Arts Updates Granite New Sonic Arts has updated Granite to version 1.1.
- Sound Devices USBPre 2 The two-channel USBPre 2 is a portable interface to interconnect audio sources to Mac OS and Windows computers over USB.
- Waves Tony Maserati Collection - New Plugins Waves Audio announced enhancements to its Tony Maserati Artist Signature Collection with a new plug-in, features and presets.