Synapse Audio Dune 1.2
Synapse Audio Software has announced that DUNE has been updated to version 1.2.
This update introduces the Michael Kastrup signature soundset, adding 100 fresh patches to Dune. The patches can be found in bank C. The update is free to all registered users and can be downloaded from the service area.
- Improved VCO quality for the classic sawtooth and square oscillators, giving an even more transparent, analog sound.
- Modulation and Pitch bend wheel now respond more smoothly.
- Engine system introduced, which guarantees that any project made with any version of Dune always sounds the same, regardless of installed upgrades.
- The engine version currently in use is displayed when clicking on the DUNE logo. Open a new instance of Dune to start with the current, latest engine.
- Modulation Matrix has row numbers now.
- Pitch Bend Up/Down wasn't visually updated in some hosts when loading a project, fixed.
- [Windows] In Cubase 5 64-bit, Dune could crash during initialization- fixed.
- [Mac OS X] The Audio Unit now uses 20-30% less CPU than previously.
- [Mac OS X] Modulation matrix destination menus have better and more logical ordering.
Note that all Orion and SynthPack users may still upgrade to Dune for just $99 instead of $139, but only until 31st December 2010.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Longcat Audio AudioStage Longcat Audio Technologies has announced the release of AudioStage, their new 3D audio authoring and mixing software.
- Cakewalk SONAR X1A Update Available Cakewalk announced a free update for SONAR X1 Producer, Studio, and Essential - All registered SONAR X1 customers can download the free SONAR X1A update at Cakewalk.com.
- Remiix: Plastikman Replikants App Richie Hawtin introduces Liine's new interactive music concept with Remiix: Plastikman Replikants. Available on the iTunes App Store now, Remiix lets you combine and transform original Plastikman tracks and reinterpretations from your iPhone or iPad.