BeepStreet has released Impaktor, a drum synthesizer designed to turn any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
You can just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping.
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing.
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated.
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers.
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon.
- No samples used.
- 6 tracks audio recorder.
- True 3d panning.
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature.
- Reverb and Delay effects.
- Audio-copy and wave export.
Pricing & Availability:
Impaktor is available to purchase for 3.99 EUR.
More information: BeepStreet
Viewers of this article also read...
- Nugen Audio ISL Nugen Audio has launched ISL, an inter-sample True-Peak limiter giving control over peak levels in audio signals from mono to 5.1.
- Best Service Production Tools Vol. 6 Production Tools Vol 6 comes with 35 new construction kits for Progressive / Trance / Tech Trance.
- Avid Pro Tools & Pro Tools HD 10.3 Avid has updated Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 to version 10.3 on Mac OS X and Windows 7.