Korg iMS-20 v1.5
The Korg iMS-20 Version 1.5 is available for download at Apple's App Store (iTunes Store), with special pricing in effect through April 30, 2011.
Key features of the Korg iMS20 Version 1.5:
- WIST (Wireless Sync-Start Technology)
This innovation is designed to allow a wireless signal to simultaneously start two iMS20 v1.5 and/or iElectribe v1.5 apps on two separate iPads. You can perform with a friend or expand your iPad ensemble by using two units at once. You can mix and match iMS20 v1.5 and iElectribe V1.5 apps in new dynamic ways.
- "AudioCopy" data sharing
AudioCopy allows the sharing audio data between apps. Now you can copy and paste audio data between apps using the AudioCopy function. Audio data exported from either app can be sent to other apps that support "AudioPaste."
- External USB-MIDI control; plus Korg nanoPAD2/ nanoKONTORL2 Native Mode
The MIDI support implemented in the previous version is now described as more advanced. Now, the iMS20 v1.5 supports "Korg Native Mode." Connecting a Korg nanoPAD2 or nanoKONTROL2 to your iPad will automatically complete all MIDI controller assignments.
- Support for iOS 4.3 (Added in Version 1.2)
- MIDI Control (Added in Version 1.1)
iMS-20 Version 1.1 adds MIDI control capabilities by using the Apple Core MIDI features found in iOS 4.2, via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit.
Pricing & Availability
Korg announces a discount to celebrate the worldwide launch of the iPad 2. Until April 30, 2011, the iMS20 is half-priced ($15.99 instead of $32.99). Check out the AppStore for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- NI Updates Absynth 5, FM8 & Massive Native Instruments has released updates for the Windows and Mac OS X versions of Massive, FM8 and Absynth. All now feature Mac OS X 64-bit compatibility (AU, VST & Standalone).
- Cytomic Updates The Glue to v1.1.4 Cytomic has updated The Glue to version 1.1.4, designed to offer improved performance and compatibility.
- Sinevibes Dynamo 1.1.0 Sinevibes has updated Dynamo to version 1.1.0.