< Tous les avis Synful Orchestra
Synful Orchestra
Mars1 Mars1

«  The most expressive virtual orchestras »

Published on 07/27/11 at 19:47
Quick and easy installation, consider installing the correct version for your 32bit or 64bit system!
I reinstalled the Synful As the evolution of my hardware (new "response code" provides a very responsive by email Synful), and lately, I use it on a Windows 7 64bit.
I waited in vain for RTAS PC version, which never happened, but now I use the vst in sonar X1 64bit without any problems.

Synful I use on my laptop (XP 32bit, 1Ghz) and on my PC (Windows 7 64-bit i860 8gb ram - 2.9GHz - RAID SSD + 5)
since I control my AKAI EWI USB NOVATION REMOTE 61SL, Yamaha C2S.

I do not remember ever having had a crash since version 2.5.2 Synful ... very stable.

I use it now for just over two years.

* Compared to other orchestral bank:
I searched a long time among the sample banks to simulate what a real orchestra in an "absolute". I have the library Miroslav Vitous, and have long regardardé to VSL and East West, but I was really captivated by the expressiveness of the violin. The very principle of operation of the Synful synthesis makes it a real instrument rather than a sample player "a little improved" ...

* Sound: this is where some people are certainly missed out on this wonderful orchestra!
I long to analyze and "grind" to a linear phase EQ to fill the gap at the top of the spectrum of certain instruments Synful, but now the channel sonar Pro X1 allows very fast to reach a great result, and a convolution reverb output, it was decided a band that sounds so real! Verily, go to the page "User DEMO" of Synful, and do not hesitate to compare some pieces that can also be found on the website of VSL. The realism of Synful (synthesis) of a "mega bank" sound sample should make you think! I was ready depensser 4 times the price for the best possible result, but I finally decided to Synful Orchestra.

* The work for the realism of the game and the balance of orchestral masses:
I have the best control of expressive instruments Synful with my Akai EWI USB, I use both to the winds, but also to create phrases for solo string, then I edit to make slightly more linear curve expression and bring it closer to the game with a bow.
For the expression of high orchestral masses, I use the sequencer controller curves because the very strong dynamic and expressive instruments Synful accommodates very many solos, but mixed with many desks winds requires a control much finer, a difference of 10 or 15 on the curve of expression (of 127) is able to unbalance the mix much with other instruments ... Also, to work on a full orchestration, good theoretical knowledges about the rules of harmony are necessary for orchestra! Such knowledge will avoid being in certain impasses regarding the intéligibilité certain instruments embedded in other mileux, and about the proper use of the dynamic range of a large orchestra.

I would do this choice:
Even today, I test and see all the new virtual orchestra, it is a bit frustrating to see that Synful has not changed since two years now, but I have nothing better to my ears, and my budget "upgrade" me to buy many things but nothing that can replace Synful.