HV Synth Design Total Trumpet
HV Synth Design has released Total Trumpet, a new VST instrument plug-in for Windows featuring natural sounding trumpet sounds, including overblowing.
It costs $79.
- Breath Pressure: via MIDI learn you can choose the CC you prefer. Here you can also set a threshold for more or less breath pressure.
- Attack for 'blowing' explosive attacks.
- Player Lips: Sometimes the lips are audible, a kind of short thrill. There are two knobs: Amount (MIDI learn) and duration of the lip thrill.
- Instability (long notes always have some instability).
- Attack noise: this also causes some instability when you play long notes.
- Flutter Tongue: this is done with a rapid up and down movement of the tongue (MIDI learn).
- Portamento: you can choose between MIDI learn and velocity.
- Timbre: you can select two timbres or the Harmon mute.
- Note-to-note transition: When the note-to-note transition is audible (legato), then this is also imperfect playing, Pressing a piston, when another one is not released in time.
- Damping: with this knob you can alter the bore structure, and so alter the timbre (MIDI learn).
- 4 stage EQ.
- Harmonics: With this knob you can add lots of extra harmonics.
- Pitch and amplitude vibrato via aftertouch or MIDI learn.
- Overblowing has to be done with the Pitch Wheel. Overblowing a trumpet while you start on a C, then you always hear the harmonic series C E G Bb (C), but when you alter the bore (Damping), you get other series and effects.
- Muting: There are two knobs: Mute1 and Mute2. Experiment with them. MIDI learn for creating 'moving' mutes.
- Stem for making the famous wah-wah effect on the Harmon mute.
- Voices. Here here you can select the number of voices. There is also a knob for stereo spread.
It costs $79.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Producer Loops Progressive Trance & Electro Vol 2 'Progressive Trance & Electro Vol 2' returns with another 5 construction kits combining Trance with side-chained Pads and Synths also suitable for Electro.
- Moog Music Little Phatty for iPad? This picture comes from the MoogMusic twitter feed, and it looks like a Moog Little Phatty editor for the iPad, made by Ben Hovey.
- g200kg RoVee g200kg has announced the release of RoVee, a cut down version of KeroVee.