Edirol presented the P-10 Video Groovebox/Sampler. This “Visual Presenter” is a compact video sampler with 12 pads and a control layout in a small space that you could pack with a laptop.
This new box is designed to give hardware power and reliability for sampling and playback of video clips (with audio). With 4 banks of 12 pads you can trigger mulitple clips or just one really long one – it takes up to 16GB SD cards which should give you plenty of sample time. You can either convert your own clips into the motion Jpeg format (this allows smooth fwd/rev scratching) or record directly into the unit for some video samples.
The P-10 uses a standard video format (MJPEG, or JPEG stills) stored on removable SD media. That means you should be able to shoot video and stills on a portable camera that supports MJPEG and JPEG and drop the card straight into the P-10..
- MJPEG video, JPEG stills
- Built-in display
- Capture audio and video live via onboard inputs
- 12 triggers, effects dials
There’s also V-LINK support and a slide-show function. Sampling + removable MJPEG seems to be the real story. The image we’ve got is a prototype and is expected to change by production time. Price and ship date TBD; stay tuned.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Lumen, new software analog video synth Paracosm introduces its upcoming Lumen, a semi modular « analog » video synthesizer that will be released this summer for Mac OS X.
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] A GoPro for Musicians GoPro, the leader in the portable camera market, showcases a Music Edition of its HERO3+, that we discovered today at Musikmesse 2014.
- Media Composer 7 featuring iZotope Insight iZotope and Avid partnered in order to include the Insight metering tools suite to the new Media Composer 7.