TC-Helicon Updates for VoiceLive Play
TC-Helicon releases "More Play-Direct Effects Control & Preset Mega-Pack", a free firmware update for VoiceLive Play and VoiceLive Play GTX.
TC-Helicon have created and released 500 new factory presets covering various styles and genres, ready for download as a part of the update.
The second part of the update is made of expanded control options. By adding a TC-Helicon Switch-3 pedal users can now increase the functionality of their VoiceLive Play or Play GTX units, giving direct access to looping, tap tempo, guitar boost (only on Play GTX), on/off control of all effects with momentary options for harmony and delay, custom programming of the footswitches, and more.
The update also increases the looping time available in VoiceLive Play to a full 60 seconds, still with infinite overdubs.
To get the update, users need to connect their VoiceLive Play or Play GTX unit to their computers via the supplied USB cable and use the free VoiceSupport app (available from TC-Helicon’s website) to update the firmware and import the new presets. The Switch-3 pedal is sold separately.
More Play Update Features:
- 500 new factory presets
- 60 seconds of looping time
- Expanded control options with Switch-3:
- On/off control of all effects
- Direct access to tap tempo
- Guitar boost for Play GTX
- Custom programming of switch functions
- Momentary delays and harmonies mode
- Footswitches now increment/decrement Tap Tempo when Tap window is active (press/hold to scroll)
- Reduced 2-button (enter loop or set key mode) hold time based on user suggestion
- Added guitar Reverb decay parameter
- Added Delay “filter styles” to guitar
- Added uMod speed control for voice
- Added low-cut filter to RoomSense mics to improve performance/clarity in bass-heavy environments (adjustable in setup menu)
- Firmware update, incl. presets: free
- Switch-3: $69 / €49 / £39
Update details, including a presets overview list, can be found at www.tc-helicon.com/more-play.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.