[Musikmesse] TC Helicon VoiceTone Synth
VoiceTone Synth brings together a collection of extreme exotic and contemporary sonic effects, including jagged HardTuneTM effects, classic Vocoder effects, a voice-controlled synthesizer and vocal distortion and megaphone effects.
The jagged, stair-stepped vocal sound of key-based hard tuning is everywhere in contemporary R&B, Hip Hop and Electronica. This feature has eluded the majority of performing musicians until VoiceTone Synth came along. Now musicians can produce this effect live by simply recalling a preset and hitting the ‘On’ button. Easy key input methods include auto-instrument sensing or pushbuttons with a clear display of the current key. Other features of the HardTune effect include dry voice mixing, octave shift and character modification.
The vocoder in VoiceTone Synth is called 'Massive-Band' for a reason. It scales resolution from ultra-clearly-enunciated Robot voices to the sound of the classic, analog low-band-count vocoders we all know and love.
The Vocoder also features a voice-controlled synth mode. Prior to VoiceTone Synth, vocoding required your voice (the exciter), and an instrument input (the carrier) to make cool vocoded sounds. Of course VoiceTone Synth supports the dual input method, but for artists who don't have another instrument or don't play one, VoiceTone Synth can generate a synth part directly from your vocal and vocode that. The result? Generated vocoder parts with one input: your voice.
VoiceTone Synth - key features
- HardTune effect with user-selectable key or instrument-sensing
- Vocoder carrier can be driven by internal voice-controlled synth or instrument input (such as guitar)
- Transducer effects, such as megaphones, distortion and radio voices
- All effects can run simultaneously
- Includes Tone feature for adaptive live engineer sound processing
- Presets that can be edited and stored
- Instrument Thru allows normal instrument amplification and vocoding
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] ADAM SX Series ADAM Professional Audio announced a new top-line of studio monitors, the SX Series
- [Musikmesse] New A&H Connectors The iDR digital series and GR05 analogue zone mixer are now manufactured in two versions, the original model with the existing XLR connectors, and a new 'ST' model fitted with Euroblock connectors.
- [Musikmesse] TC Electronic BMC-2 TC Electronic will be launching BMC-2 at the 2009 Frankfurt Musikmesse, a dedicated Digital-to-Analog Converter and high quality Monitor Control that's suited for use with digital and analog speakers.