Korg Kronos X 88
Korg Kronos X 88

Workstation from Korg belonging to the Kronos X series.

Public price: $3,999 incl. VAT
Anonymous

«  the must! »

Published on 05/28/14 at 03:44
I chose the X88 Kronos for his versatility on stage.

Keyboard 88-key hammer (technology Korg RH3)

I will not dwell on the numbers of sounds, effects, etc., everything is explained largely on the Korg website or on the website www.kronoscopie.fr

This is a great keyboard, which can be used in the studio, on stage or both. This is a real factory where everything is possible.

Consider that with a 64GB hard disk, audio / pm 2 x 16 tracks. sampler, a dedicated hard disk acoustic piano sounds, as for electric piano, FM engine (you can insert banks Series DX / TX via. syx) / engine sounds for strings and guitars and a motor for organs.

More you add, waveforms, a Polysix / MS and Wavestation, and Karma engine, a clock generator, all that can be mixed at will and get the most powerful workstations.

If you do not practice the Korg technology in recent years, this device will seem inaccessible!

The manual is great (I am still discovering parameters!), And therefore to consult at the slightest difficulty.

for editing sounds, it depends on the engine you choose, and again, if you are not familiar with the Korg technology, it can become confusing.

Personally, while I seemed simple at the outset, having already had a Karma, a Wavestation and M3.

After the purchase, I spent 3 days out configure the beast, with sound banks with whom I wanted to work, understand the architecture, working on different engines.
In the end .... The best!

Having 4 different live music formats, I can transform the Kronos keyboard that best fits the formula. It's just perfect!

The Set List function also helps a lot to the scene.

Practicing 80's music, this keyboard is a real gold mine. Reproduction of sound then no problem.

If you want to practice a different style, Kronos has the same behavior!

My favorite synth is the Wavestation, I enjoy practicing and find the wave sequences on stage to play loops with Kronos!

You must have a good knowledge of FM synthesis to perform the Kronos mixing FM / waveform Korg / filters.

For me, Korg beat on pianos / electric / organs pianos.
Everything else is subjective. It is clear that the real MS 20 you fart pregnant will not have the same effect! it is still modeling!

against by the synthesis Fm is a real massacre.
Another positive point is that each user of the Kronos address differently. This is what makes it unique, especially in the expression.

You will, however, go into the settings to make beautiful brass or beautiful string sounds to your taste.

Kronos has a very good dynamic output. it is sometimes stronger than the drummer!

Kronos is for Synthésistes with extensive experience (personally, I am 20 years of practice).

The price also affects the choice.

I used the Korg M3 for 4 years and I was delighted; However, the Kronos is much higher still. I use it for 2 years now, I've done over 300 concerts, not counting workdays personal, and rpeter. It is strong, very strong!

I love the ergonomics of this synth, the unlimited possibilities available. the sound design, in short, everything.

small problem though: the Korg Kronos is presented by such an ideal workstation for creativity, which is true. However, if you're a musician making times, spontaneity highlighted in demos, no longer exist! You will return to the bike!

this can be very daunting at first, but so enjoyable when you swing on stage while live without sequences without clicks, with a drummer who listens to headphones and synchronizes your loops / wave sequences etc ....

I full on stage with 1 sustain pedal, pedal PS1, PS3, a pad and a R3 Korg Kontrol for vocoders and touch keyboard (great for organ playing is not easy on a touch heavy) and a 10 Hallen and Heath ZED for bouncing console.

a pad is essential to use the best!

I do not have other synths before a very long time!