Yamaha MO8
Yamaha MO8
Siklaris Siklaris
Published on 07/31/08 at 14:00
- Synthesizer / Workstation 88 keys. Key Hammer.
- Pitch Bend, Modulation, can connect to the sustain pedal, the switch, modulation ...
4 knobs to change the effects in real time and program the sound more quickly.
- Output Jack L / R, headphone output, digital output, midi in / out / thru, and two USB outputs (for connecting to a computer, whether Mac or PC) or a USB key (to save user data ).
- 512 votes (sound) + 64 preset drum kits and 128-voice General MIDI. Over 150 reverb, chorus, insert, etc ...
The voices are very different categories, offering a wide range of possibility. They are editable at will.
- Polyphony 64 notes is not to be used principally as a sequencer, in my case I use it in lead and dial "models" of songs played in a group with the voices of the instrument. Enough to stack drums / guitar / bass / another voice / piano or whatever.
Waveform of 175 MO, we find the same features as the Motif ES. It's very good.
- No sampler. It's a shame, but with the computer music is quickly resolved. Moreover the effects due to possible changes have made it very realistic. So we do not regret this absence because for that price, it is already a very good deal.

The synthesizer is simple to use. With the knob, and buttons below the screen makes it easy to walk around the synth. The Category Search function allows you to select the voice types of instruments. Convenient and fast.

The manual is well done, but not always very clear. A slogan experimenter at the same time! By working with, I quickly learned to use the sequencer. As for editing sounds is easy because we understand quickly enough the philosophy of the keyboard, and can then walk around and tweak the way you want it.

Used primarily for the Rock Prog / Sympho (which requires good Strings Leads sounds like good and organ), but also for the Jazz / Blues, this is perfect.
There are three variants of the proposed Acoustic Grand Piano, which are very nice. You can have the sound you want in the style. In general, the Full Grand is nice to listen.
The voices are very realistic, the violins are falling, as the guitars (impresionant!). The organs are diverse, and just like the piano, their sound is nickel.
No default in the quality of voice, if not a little flat for hearts that apart from Ooh-and-Space Voices could have been more varied. By changing, we can however make good power on it.
There electros sounds very nice, especially with the arpeggiator. A by some techno sounds that are not suitable to my style, there are some very good leads for soloing sounds as it should!

The effects are good and can improve a voice to sound exactly as desired. I was able to make me a very useful new organ, among those already scheduled, which was fine.
That's the advantage of this synth: the voices included can play quickly with sound pro, varied, expressive (good speed), neat and powerful.
Only regret: no aftertouch. But by assigning a modulation pedal I can make it vibrate our Hammond as it should, and with both hands!

So, in summary: the highlight of this keyboard, it is the sound! Beautiful!

I use it for 10 days. I needed a keyboard with good sounds, 88 keys and can change the sounds ... with a budget of 1500 euros! I am delighted.

I love the sequencer, convenient and easy to use once you get some bumps manual. But my satisfaction is the main voice and the sound quality.
A + for recording on USB is very convenient.

I looked on a lot of synthesizers before buying. From the piano, the heavy touch was important to me. This is supert since the Graded Hammer can play both nuanced and fast (after a little getting used to what we love touch)!
Finally the price / quality ratio is excellent. There is no better for that price. After you have to climb above 2000 euros (with XS for more). In any case a 88 keys with these sounds, there does not exist other than Yamaha. The best deal on the market for that price, I think.

I do it again without hesitation so that choice. Now, Let's Rock!