Yamaha MOTIF 6
Yamaha MOTIF 6

Workstation from Yamaha belonging to the MOTIF series.

FP User FP User
Publié le 10/31/08 à 16:00
There is a ton of features missing from this piece. The sequencer, which was what I bought it for, is amazingly lacking. The only thing that it is VERY good at is letting you choose sounds (relatively) easily from the internal sound banks. However, the editing facilities are horrible (to me, anyway). I hate that I have to extract a part in order to work on a single note; the Job functions won't let you, for instance, isolate a particular MIDI note. All of the Edit Job commands work globally on an entire track. (What I was saying about Extract means that you CAN &quot;extract&quot; a MIDI note, over the range of an entire track, but you must move that one set of notes to another track.) This is a BIG time kluge, in my view.

Price paid

$1,199

Well... as for &quot;easy,&quot; I guess that it is. But the problem is that you have sacrificed a lot of power by having things so easy.

It is built like a tank. This is the only part of this review upon which the Motif gets an A+.

I liked the sounds, although this isn't why I bought it. I have since caused myself no end of headaches by buying a second ROMpler though, so I'm biased against sample-playback.

I don't love this piece. I feel bad about it, because I wish that I DID love it. Oh well. You'll have to read some of my other reviews to get a sense of what I DO love. Thanks!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: SammyJames (January 0-, 2005)