Sonokinetic has released Maasai, a Kontakt-based library of genuine original field-recorded ethnic music.
The scripting and use of the Kontakt sample format makes this sample pool of live performed music and dance fit in compositions and production.
- 1 instrument patch containing: Vocals collection (Males, Females, Children and combinations) Tribe Ensemble performances (instrument & vocals combined) Instruments (ensembles & groups) Drums & Percussion Composition (By Russ Landau).
- 1 instrument for Kontakt 4.1 and higher with 3 tab screens.
- Main View, Effects and Convolutions, and a credits tab.
- Convolution reverb applied to the multi instrument to represent the original acoustic space.
- 4 impulses available.
- Clickable IR sphere design knob.
- Dynamic sample loading & purging for efficient memory usage -Customizable instrument grouping and mapping.
- 570+ sampled looped samples. (1,89 GB sample content) Collection Specifications: Vocals: (Boys & Girls Choir Umoja, Boys Village Choir, Female Village Choir, Kombe Choir, Maasai Hunting Chant, Maasai Male Singing, Male Village Choir, Shaman Singing, Girls Choir, Zulu Chant) Tribe Ensembles: Kenyan Village music, Basoa, Hamuna, Lamawase, Momabassa Females, Momabassa Solo, Momabassa wind instruments, Momabassa Sung, Slum Kids Choir, Tribal singing,Weyambolo, Yesawe, Zambewe, Behi Vox and Drums Drums & Percussion: Drum loops, Shabone No Vox, Swining Conga, Enigma Drum, Drumloop solo, Mombassa, Village Percussion, Instruments: Horn & Percussion combination, Abu Flute, Kambanane, Kambanane Large, Turkana Horn, Turkana Horn and Drums Compositions: BalaBala, Mosamba, Okoppi, Samawa (by Russ Landau).
- Sample selector allows you to browse through the full sample pool without loading new patches.
- Raw authentic sound from musicians.
- Loops are perfectly zero-crossed looped.
- Speed knob along with a quick remap function Vocal FX", an exclusive one of a kind original recording of different Sephardic style vocal effects.
- 24 bit wave format.
- 3 Hut/Houses and one Jungle canopy.
- IR Interface installers for Mac, PC and manual instructions.
- All files in 44.1 kHz 24 Bit Wave Programmed from Kontakt 4.1 and up (64bit).
The cost is €59.90.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.