Akai Professional Max49
Akai Professional Max49

49-Key MIDI Keyboard from Akai Professional .

Public price: $479 incl. VAT
mrjason mrjason

« So Far So Good »

Published on 10/30/12 at 22:02
The Max49 is a USB MIDI controller. It can be used with almost any software that you use to make music with. I use it mostly in FL Studio and Cubase. The key to using it in your software is to use one of the presets for controllers that you software has. Then you can assign certain functions to the controls on the Max49. I know that when I used it in FL Studio there was not an option for the Max49, so I had to just use a different preset.

Getting the Max49 to work on your computer is very easy. Just install the drivers that come with it, and set it up in your DAW. That is it, it will work great every single time you want to use it.

The keys on the Max49 are decent. I would want them to have a little more expressiveness to them though because it cost over 500 dollars when I ordered it online. The keys are very light and plastic like. It would be so much better if the keys felt more like the 88 key model (black). But the Max49 is a lot more portable than that model is and that is the reason why I purchased it. This is the most recent MIDI keyboard purchase that I have made.
I am very happy with choosing this MIDI and USB keyboard. I have used over 10 different MIDI keyboards since I started making music in 2006. So far the Max 49 seems to be the best one. It is portable and easy to install and set up. I am looking forward to seeing how it will hold up over the years. The pads that it has on it are a great tool to have, I love using the pads for drums instead of playing drums with the actual keys. It gives a much more “MCP like” feel to it.