M-Audio Key Rig 49
M-Audio Key Rig 49

49-Key MIDI Keyboard from M-Audio belonging to the Key Rig series.

boumbadaboum boumbadaboum

«  Good product, simple and without headaches »

Published on 07/01/12 at 07:38
I bought new in store, I liked at first its simplicity and price for the number of keys.
Before buying it I was torn between taking a simple model like this one or go on something more sophisticated (Oxigen, Behringer) I finally took without much thought, to prevent regrets given the price, and The gamble paid off as much satisfies me.

This is simply a master keyboard, so it has 49 keys, which manages the velocity rather well, you get used to some nuances.
As to the touch, I'm not keyboardist, so I can not judge accurately, but I can say that it bothers me absolutely not, on the other hand obviously it's not a piano, any so people who want a master keyboard or a synth with a touch tapper rather know that it takes in brands such as Roland, and in more expensive models (at least triple or quadruple that ...).
To pitch bend little regret because it is difficult to use because of its shape but not very comfortable to strength and we get out of the modulation is not bad, nothing more.
The volume fader is, it does its job, on the other hand the "Edit Mode", I do not know what it is and my software can not use it for the reconnaire, so too bad, anyway I 'm doing very well without!

Aesthetic level it is no more, the plastic is not too too cheap, strength level I'm afraid it is fragile (although AC is unfounded) because it is light weight level, he never travels and I am particularly careful with no problem for now. The seller told me 2 years warranty info.

GNU / Linux is Plug and Play, I really appreciate this if you know what I mean ;) I use it with Hydrogen (and jack of course), two three and this is synth niquel.

Its characteristic that I like most, he has no great fault, he does his job in general so automatically it's a delight to use.
Its characteristic that I like least, pitch bend not too handy, but not much!

I find the price / quality ratio Hon (89 € in store), as it does the minimum of a master keyboard well, know that the KeyStation is the old version of KeyRig, and we can not say that it changes a lot, so if you find a KeyStation, it's interesting to take it because it is cheaper (about € 50), and the quality / price ratio becomes great because we have a product with a certain quality at a very affordable.

I advise beginners in computer music or those looking for a keyboard frills.
If I had to make a choice, with the experience I have now I think I would have from the beginning Tappe high (300-400 € perhaps more), but in this range we do not really better, So I would say a big yes!