PreSonus Eris E8
PreSonus Eris E8

Active Monitor from PreSonus belonging to the Eris series.

Alternat Runner Alternat Runner

«  blufante »

Published on 11/26/14 at 15:04
What characteristics have motivated your choice?
I was looking for active monitors with a very good price / quality ratio and low well defined. Previously I had Yamaha MSP7, but I unfortunately had to part with it. I hesitated then between Dipe Pro Pro Ribbon 8 and Eris E8. These are the opinions of AF who decided me to point me to Presonus, and many settings. For full features: https://www.presonus.com/products/Eris/features

For what purpose?
Home Studio (music for picture, songs, arrangements, sound design).

What amp / What configuration?
They are connected to an M-Audio Delta 1010

Is the frequency curve sufficiently neutral?
Yes, it certainly is. These speakers are really transparent.

The sound is clear and precise across the spectrum?
Yes the sound is clear and precise, but still less than the Yam MSP7. But another characteristic of Eris 8 catches the coup (see below).

Is good stereo?
So here is the enormous strength of these monitors! The stereo image is blufante and I had hitherto never heard such a result. Attention, it is also to place them correctly and make the right adjustments on the rear panel (equilateral triangle, decoupling, -4 dB reduction for nearfield listening, etc.). If you follow these steps, then like me you'll probably be amazed at the result. As I précisais above, they are less accurate than the MSP7 but the high quality of the stereo image compensates for this slight lack of precision. At first listen with a title that I know well (Metallica Until it sleep), I was stuck. Hetfield's voice does not seem to come from the speakers, but directly from the screen of my workstation! And different guitars spread over the left and right pan perfectly detached. In fact this is merely analytical stereo!

Is the dynamics are respected?
The dynamics are fully respected.

How long have you use it?
Since today, from about 7 hours now.

Have you tried many other models before buying it?
In chronological order: Behringer Truth B2030P Yamaha HS80, Yamaha MSP7

What thing do you like most and least?
Most
The overall transparency of the spectrum
Manufacturing quality
The exceptional stereo image
The look (okay, it does not play on the sound, but when you have monitors 8 h / day before the peepers, provided they are fun to watch!)
The price!

Les -
I will do an edict after several days of use, but at the moment 0 = default (major anyway)

How would you rate the quality / price?
Simply outstanding ...

With experience, you do again this choice?
Considering the price and sound reproduction without any hesitation!