2CAudio has announced the release of Breeze, a new reverb plug-in that is described as "Aether's pristine eco-conscious cousin".
2CAudio's Aether is a self-modulating algorithmic reverb.
Breeze offers a GUI design that focuses on communicating the most important preset information to the user, and summarizing this information graphically in two graphical displays. Macro controls combine DSP parameters into a set of nine knobs and four sliders. Signal gain has been balanced.
Breeze is said to have been optimized to reduce CPU usage as compared to Aether. Breeze is furthermore designed to use only as much CPU power as is required for a given preset, and automatically disables various parts of the algorithm when not required to conserve energy. Breeze also offers an additional "Hi-Lo" switch.
Breeze shares some things in common with its older cousin, Aether, but it also has differences, and brings a few new things to the table that have yet to be implemented in Aether including:
- A new advanced true-stereo mode that differs from anything in Aether.
- A new bi-polar Density control that provides the ultimate flexibility ranging from absolute "sparsity" to almost instantaneous maximal density.
- A Contour control to allow users to customize the attack characteristics of, and impart additional timbral variations on, the reverb.
- An evolved modulation scheme that offers both lush, larger-than-life, chorus-like, random pitch modulation as well as newly-developed more conservative methods, that are more in line with the behavior of real-world acoustic spaces.
Breeze has a MSRP of $149.95 but is available for the special limited-time holiday introductory price of $99.95 until the end of the year. This offer expires January 1st, 2011.
Breeze supports VST and RTAS hosts on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and Audio Units, RTAS and VST hosts running on Mac OS X 10.4+.
Breeze is available in both 32- and 64-bit formats for the Windows VST platform. All other formats are currently 32-bit only, though additional 64-bit formats are in development.
Orders are handled via download at the Galbanum web-store at this time. All products are available immediately.
Viewers of this article also read...
- LMMS Linux MultiMedia Studio Update Linux MultiMedia Studio, or LMMS, has been updated to version 0.4.9 for both Linux and Windows.
- ExperimentalScene Updates DarkWave Studio v3 ExperimentalScene has updated DarkWave Studio to version 3.1.9.
- DSPaudio Updates Spectrum 2 DSPaudio updates Spectrum to version 2.01.