The latest firmware release for the Hilo Converter System from Lynx Studio Technology, Version 5, is set for release in late October.
Hilo Version 5 includes:
- New DSD Playback: Allows Hilo to play DSD audio files received via USB, AES-3 or S/PDIF. Hilo supports the recently adopted DoP V1.1 standard for transferring DSD audio over PCM frames. Playback of DSD using this method is provided by software vendors including Channel D, Merging Technologies, and JRiver.
- New Test Tone Function: For use in system testing and calibration, Hilo’s new Test Tone provides a 1 kHz audio signal which can be sent to any output. The tone level can be controlled in 0.5 dB increments from a new dedicated screen. For reference, the same screen also shows the input levels coming into Hilo.
- New Solo Function: The new screen, added to the Output Mix Routing Page allows an input to be “Soloed” for instantreference to the content and quality of its program material.
- New Screen Dim Function: Users can set the brightness level of Hilo, but allow the screen to dim or turn off. The user also has the option to dim or turn off after a set period of time. The screen comes back on when it is touched or the rotary knob is engaged.
- Saved Scenes can be Named: A new QWERTY keyboard function has been added that allows the 6 Scene memories to be named. Up to 13 characters can be used for each Scene memory.
- ADAT Upgraded: ADAT is now supported on the optical input. Auto detection circuitry on this input will switch betweenS/PDIF and ADAT modes and alter the user interface accordingly. Eight channels of ADAT input and output can be utilized via the optical ports at 48 kHz. At 96 kHz four channel I/O is supported.
- Analog Meter Upgrade: Now you can calibrate the Analog meters to set the 0 dB level. The update rate and response time has been improved.
- Stereo / Mono Feature Improved: There are now four mode selections for each stereo input pair.
• Stereo (default)
• Sum (left and right channels summed to mono with a 3dB reduction in each individual channels volume)
• Left (left channel to Left/Right at the same level)
• Right (right channel to Left/Right at the same level).
- Monitor and Headphone Level Indicators Improved: When changing the level of the headphone or monitor output a horizontal bar with dB level is shown on the screen. Now the bar for the Monitor output is a different color than the Headphone’s bar, for easier recognition as to which level is being controlled.
Any Hilo owner can get this free upgrade by downloading the new firmware from the Lynx Website. Hilo is available in Silver or Black with the LT-USB interface preinstalled.
Check out www.lynxstudio.com for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.