[MUSIKMESSE] Audient ASP8024 Heritage Edition
Audient anticipate on the company's 20th anniversary and present the Heritage Edition of their ASP8024 console model.
The ASP8024-HE features the all new variable mix bus technology RETRO IRON, supposed to add punch and ‘vibe’ to the consoles’ mix output through circuits meant as a homage to the late 60’s American & British console technology.
When engaged, the RETRO IRON output card is also said to provide subtle LOW BUMP and HIGH LIFT Mix EQ’s - inspired by classic mastering equalisers of yesteryear - these can be switched individually, allowing for wider, more spacious mix bus tones. The main mix bus has also been upgraded with JOHN HARDY CO. 990C discrete amplifiers as standard for superior and even quieter, muscular performance.
The classic VCA mix bus compressor is said to feature smoother make-up gain circuitry, including a slick new gain reduction meter and a high pass filter in the compressor’s sidechain: BASS EXPAND.
Audient also claims to pride itself in listening and responding to customer feedback, which they say has been the case while conceiving this model with the addition of a monitoring grade headphone amplifier, latching footswitch triggers for remote hands-free talkback, ALPS Blue Velvet main monitor pot with custom aluminium knob for that solid “everyday” feel, an improved FaderLinkTM plug-in (now 64-bit AAX, AU & VST compatible) controlling 8 channels of patchable DAW integrated VCA automation for the Dual Layer Control (DLC) module, and an improved, quieter power supply.
The ASP8024-HE still retains all the familiar hallmarks of its predecessor including fully featured in-line architecture, intuitive design; flexible four-band EQ, Class-A mic preamps (used across the entire product range), comprehensive monitor control and a range of modular options including DLC, integrated 24 / 36 / 48-ch Patchbays or Producers’ Desks.
- 80+ Inputs (24 to 72 channel versions)
- Retro Iron Variable Mix Bus
- Audient Class-A Mic Pres
- 4-Band Split-able EQ
- Mix Bus VCA Compressor with Bass Expand
- John Hardy 990C Discrete Mix Amplifiers
- In-line Architecture
- Comprehensive Monitor Control
- Monitoring Grade Headphone Output
- 48v Enabled Talkback Mic
- 24-Track Bus Routing (option for 48ch SPLIT BUS MOD available)
- 14 Auxiliary Buses
- Modular Construction
- Whisper Quiet Linear Power Supply
- Walnut Armrest & New Midnight Raven Look & Feel
The ASP8024-HE is expected to ship shortly. Price for the 24-channel version is announced at a RRP of £17,100 ($32,800 US MAP).
More to be seen at audient.com, and even more for sure at the Musikmesse, Hall 9.1, booth C25/29.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.