Apple PowerMac G4
Apple PowerMac G4

Apple Desktop from Apple belonging to the PowerMac series.

algoape algoape
Publié le 01/21/06 à 02:20
Value For Money : Poor
I use the g4 quicksilver since 2002, is a 800 Mhz is the origin. I start with the blue G3.
I confirm it is a monster of stability and reliability. I leave it always on. 2 failures in 4 years: the CDROM R / W that I replaced with a DVD R / W. and the small fan on the processor.
More it works in OS 9 (OS 9 was small apps to make the sound that has not seen in OS X. ... As they say it does not throw a synth in the trash).

I work on PC taf, my Mac at home. The pleasure of using a machine is at home ...

High price (400 euros takes for a base config), but there is no price to avoid work on windoze and the beautiful machine ...
On occasion it has to take a 800 Mhz is a ca penthium4 a 1.6 GHz power.

Given the investment for a G5, I opted to keep my G4 and the booster with an accelerator card. Most of these machines even monoproc original card biproc support. Here I am with a 1.6 Ghz G4 Bi I'm Bi rule 1.8 GHz A short 4 year old machine which comes fully present, may be not as a Bi balaize G5 and the new dual-core. but had more than one config for computer music muscular. It's like I change machine, without all the b. ... related to a change machine ...

In short this machine is a counselor. 800 MHz we will not perform miracles but it was already a very nice virtual studio.
For those already have a UAI, you know that you can boost ...
I would do this choice (4 years ago, of course). Today I do not part with it, even if I invest in the bigger stuff later.