Create an account

or

Thread June 12, 2010 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 June 12, 2010 editorial: comments

Dear Fellow Audiofanziners!

AlejandroIt was an interesting week in the music video world with the release of Lady Gaga's Alejandro music video which at this point has 12,000,000+ views since it's release on June 8th.  I don't normally tend to review music or videos but this deserves special attention.  Regardless of what you think of Lady Gaga, you can't argue with success.  Without even looking at the video, and I urge you to close your eyes and just listen, we find Alejandro to be a damn good pop-dance track.  It may seem easy to do, but trust me, it is hard to write a good pop song, with dynamical changes, infectious melody lines, super-simple lyrics that repeat, effortless-like (and I stress 'like' because it only seems effortless) singing.  And of course, million dollar production goes a long way.  Still, I hear Madonna, though Lady Gaga is a better singer.

http://www.christinaaguilerabionic.com/v2.jpgNow for the video.  I like it.  I like it alot.  Sure it's not reinventing the wheel and bleeds of Vogue, Like a Prayer & Marilyn Manson motifs, with a sprinkle of Gaga's dust from the bizzare-o world of military homoerotica.  It's not original to have cones for a brassiere, but a pair M16s?  You try dancing with those things hooked on.

It's funny, people can forgive Lady Gaga for imitating Madonna, but they don't forgive Christina Aguilera's latest clip for being too Lady Gaga-like (Not Myself Tonight).  Speaking of Christina, the poor girl had the misfortune of releasing her latest Bionic album on the same day as Gaga's Alejandro clip... Not smart sista'.

Chater-La