Dear Fellow Audiofanziners,
Lots has been written and said and rehashed about the deplorable state of the music business since the invention of the MP3. So I won't say it again. I just remember back when I temped at Capitol Records what a luxurious experience it was with free concert tickets, private shows, free CDs, the fancy offices, the backstage parties. And I was just a lowly temp! I doubt the same wheels are in motion. And I wonder what has become of the A&R reps who had 'god like' status back in the days...
Anyway, as we open 2011 I bring you 5 Predictions for the Music Industry in 2011:
- Music subscription services will be popular, but not profitable.
- More artists will finally get 'social'.
- Music videos will continue their renaissance online.
- Ping (Apple's new social network) will never take off - never.
- Music piracy will not die.
Back to reality, I'd like to point out our nifty review of Adam A3X active monitors- the smallest of the bunch in the series, which is a good alternative for those without deep pockets or lots of studio space.