Create an account

or

Thread August 20, 2011 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 August 20, 2011 editorial: comments

Dear Fellow Audiofanziners!

It's the dog days of summer and I hope you are living it up wherever you are and not stuck in front of the TV or the PC.  This is especially in light of a new study which claims that every hour of TV you watch may shorten your lifespan by 22 minutes and that sitting in front of a computer for more than 6 hours per day increases your risk of death by 40%.  Now, I read these things with a grain of salt and don't get all paranoid or overly excited, because any beginner statistics student will tell you that you can run a study and find statistically significant results to justify any conclusion you seek.

But, one thing is true.  TV watching and PC clicking contribute to a sedentary lifestyle devoid of physical activity.  And that is not good.  So you can be in front of your favorite gadget for 9 hours per day, but if you take the time to walk to work, or do a few laps at the pool, walk the dog etc., it's enough to compensate.  And now, during the summer months this is the perfect time to do that. No excuses!

Anyhow, also playing live provides some kind of a workout.  And even more so, recording (you being the player not the engineer) also burns calories as you try to get that perfect riff over and over again.  For all you bass players out there, check out our tribute article/review of Fender 60th Anniversary Precision Bass Limited Edition.  Yes, this bass is 60 years in the making!

Chater-La

p.s. I am going hiking tomorrow and I mean it