Create an account

or

Thread October 22, 2011 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 October 22, 2011 editorial: comments

Dear Fellow Audiofanziners!

I found for you the world's most relaxing track- Weightless by Marconi Union.  The study hooked up 40 women (the species that needs most relaxing ;-) to the track and observed heart rate and blood pressure drop following a stressful activity (e.g. solving a puzzle against time).  The track claims to be 11% more relaxing and sleep inducing than any other previously considered relaxing track (Enya, Mozart etc.).  "It induced a 65 per cent reduction in overall anxiety and brought them to a level 35 per cent lower than their usual resting rates.  The song features guitar, piano and electronic samples of natural soundscapes.  It is pierced throughout by buddhist-like chants that induce a trance-like state", the study describes.  Now they warn people against listening to it while driving as it has drowsing capabilities.  But ha, the true test will come when I play this at night to my 7 month old and see if that does the trick!

For the curious searching for some more relaxing tracks, the article cites these FYI:

1) Marconi Union - Weightless
2) Airstream - Electra
3) DJ Shah - Mellomaniac (Chill Out Mix)
4) Enya - Watermark
5) Coldplay - Strawberry Swing
6) Barcelona - Please Don't Go
7) All Saints - Pure Shores
8) Adele - Someone Like You
9) Mozart - Canzonetta Sull'aria
10) Cafe Del Mar - We Can Fly

Have a relaxing weekend,

Chater-La