Create an account

or

Thread November 12, 2011 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
Topic November 12, 2011 editorial: comments

Dear Fellow Audiofanziners!

This week marked the official launch of Google+ Pages, an addition to its social network allowing businesses and brands to create pages.  The move undoubtedly is aimed at rivaling Facebook, which currently has about oh, 800 million users.  Since launching its service this past summer, Google+ has already 40 million users, and the Pages launch is sure to quickly increase membership.

So what can I say about this service?  I am already on Facebook, what do I need another social network for?  Well for starters, if you already have a gmail account, it's very easy to sign up to Google+, even easier to create a Page for your band, business, whatever.  The design is simple and clean, with not so many choices, which makes choosing easier.  Some interesting functions which are fun and tempting.  Considering the great power of the google search engine, you can't help but think that maybe creating a Page for your business to be indexed by the search engine is not a bad move.  So I created the Audiofanzine Google + page.  And I am still working on it, but please look us up and add to your Circle.  I think Google has done a good job here, the hardest part will be convincing millions of users to hang out on Google+ in addition to being very busy hanging out on Facebook.  Like in real life, at the end of the day you can only attend one party at a time- try to dance at too many weddings and you'll be left footless so to speak.

But alas, I recommend you to start a page for you, your band, or your studio.  What you do with it later, or where Google takes it, remains to be seen.  But I have a hunch this will not flop like Buzz.  This is war.

Chater-La