or
Create an account

or

Thread December 17, 2011 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 December 17, 2011 editorial: comments

http://www.globalpost.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/gp3_fullpage/best-images-of-the-year-2011-36-20111212.jpgDear Fellow Audiofanziners!

As 2011 is drawing to a close we are bombarded with many top lists of 2011.  Well, they are not so bad, and sometimes necessary, just in case you missed 2011 you can very quickly catch up!  Anyhow, I scoured the net high and low, and being a photographer myself, I thought you would appreciate the 50 Best Photos of 2011 as they depict not only some very beautiful photography but also some key moments of 2011.  Which one is my favorite?  It's hard to choose, but there is some really strong images from the Wall Street protest.

But, the one I chose to share on this newsletter is photo taken by Tony Karumba of an illegal ivory stockpile going up in flames at Tsavo National Park.  As musicians, we are not always aware of the materials used in the construction of our favorite guitars, and sadly some of the material (ivory, certain wood) are illegal to harvest and trade.

Enjoy the weekend,

Chater-La