Create an account

or

Thread December 24, 2011 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 December 24, 2011 editorial: comments

Dear Fellow Audiofanziners!

Christmas is almost here and before I take off for a few days to drown in the cycle of last minute shopping (I admit I haven't even started), family reunions and too much food I want to leave you with this recent innovation in guitar making: Open Source Guitar.

Turns out that a guy by the name of Andrew Benson has been developing an open source guitar for the last two years.  Open source- because he will share all the digital code so anyone can actually build this guitar.  The project is called Praxis Zero and is desperately trying to raise the necessary goal of $24,000 to make it happen.

"The Layer Zero of the Praxis Zero is an abstract geometrical relationship that allows for a physical interface between parts that can be easily fabricated entirely with low cost CNC machinery.  If this Kickstarter reaches goal funding, The Praxis Zero Layer Zero coding will released as open source.", says Benson.  If you'd like to pledge/back this project you can go to the Praxis Zero project page.  For Christmas, you can give the gift of supporting guitar innovation.  Pledge the right amount and you can get your own custom made guitar made.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Ho ho ho!  Merry Christmas!

Chater-La