Create an account

or

Thread January 14, 2012 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 January 14, 2012 editorial: comments

Dear Fellow Audiofanziners!

The wait is over.  Winter NAMM 2012 is almost almost here and I am breathless with anticipation.  Why?  Because this year I will actually be making the transatlantic-Lewis-and-Clark expedition to the southern west coast to attend this glorious event.  Yes, I am a NAMM newbie, you can tell, not jaded or cynical and looking to discover new gear, meet the actual people behind this stuff, people I have been in virtual contact with for years.  And, yes, have fun - it's a requirement.  I hope the jet leg will be kind to me cause I certainly want to be at my best.

Besides the usual perks- sun and real Mexican food/margaritas, I am really looking forward to celebrating innovation in the field of musical instruments and gear, to see first hand what is cooking.  I have several interesting meetings lined up with leading manufacturers / partners that I am really looking forward to.

By this time next week the cat will be out of the bag, but until then here is a healthy serving of NAMM rumors around the net:

• Synthopia dishes out all the latest rumors regarding synths, keyboards, and electronic instruments.
  • Mystery controllers by (?) are discussed on DJTechTools.
  • For all your guitar/amp rumors visit this thread from our good friends at Rig Talk.
  • And if you still have time to read about 140 posts that are mostly on-topic you can visit MetalGuitarist's NAMM prediction thread.

That should keep you busy this weekend.  I'm gonna go pack now!

See ya on the other side!

Chater-La