or
Create an account

or

Thread February 11, 2012 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 February 11, 2012 editorial: comments

http://www.historyshots.com/images/Rock650.jpgDear Fellow Audiofanziners!

You know what time of the year this is.  Yes, soon it is Valentines Day and couples everywhere will be squirming to find thoughtful gifts or at least book a nice restaurant.  Personally, I hope for the latter, babysitter pending.  Mostly cause my partner and I both hate to cook, and even more so, hate to food shop.  Hence, the fridge is always empty.

Those of us who are not in a relationship, will either hate those who are, or in a very mature manner, enjoy doing nothing on Valentine's day- because sooner or later you too will be squirming to find gifts!

It is funny going out to dinner on Valentine's Day.  Restaurants are full of couples, gazing into each other's eyes, or in my case making a to-do-list on a cocktail napkin.  I tend to think a good dinner and some quality time will go a long way, much longer than any gift-gadget you may buy (warning: new ipads are released every quarter, at least wait for the usb version).

But let's say you want to invest some time and thought in finding a cool gift, that is not gadget in nature and your significant other happens to be musically inclined.  And you are a bit broke after Christmas & New Year, you got birthdays coming up and summer 'vacance' is not some far fetched vision anymore.

So here are some quirky inexpensive ideas:

1. Genealogy of Pop & Rock Music (poster)
  2. Jazz Guitar Ice Cube Tray
  3. Musical Notes Robe
  4. 45 RPM Record Bookends
  5. Guitar Shaped Bamboo Cutting board

Voila!  Enjoy yourselves, and keep warm.  It is freezing out there these day!

Chater-La