or
Create an account

or

Thread February 1, 2014 editorial: comments

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 February 1, 2014 editorial: comments

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mike Levine, and I recently started as the U.S. Editor of Audiofanzine, which means I’ll be in charge of the content for Audiofanzine’s English edition. I’m a musician, a gear geek and a music journalist, so this is a dream job for me. I've spent many years as a working musician, composer, and producer; and as a writer and editor for music technology pubications. Among the magazines I worked for was Electronic Musician, where I spent 11 years as an editor, and eventually became the editor-in-chief. I’ve also written for Mix, Guitar Player, Onstage and many others.

In my music career, I’ve composed music for commercials and TV shows, played on Broadway, and done a ton of live performing with a variety of bands and artists. Guitar is my main instrument, and I double on several other stringed instruments.

I’ve had a home studio for many years and have used a number of different multitrack formats, following the progression of technology. I started with a 4-track cassette machine, then moved to an 8-track reel-to-reel recorder (synced to my computer sequencer via SMPTE time code), an ADAT, and finally a computer-based DAW. My current DAW of choice is Pro Tools, but I've also worked extensively in Apple Logic Pro and MOTU Digital Performer.

But enough about me, let’s talk about you. You are the lifeblood of this site, and my goal is not just to make Audiofanzine your “go to” site for gear info, reviews, tips and techniques; but a place you visit regularly to discuss gear and techniques with other musicians, write user reviews, participate in our forums, comment on articles, and so forth. Audiofanzine is more than just an informational website, it’s a community, and we welcome your participation.

And, of course, feel free to contact me directly through the site if you have any questions or comments.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mike Levine

Welcome Mike! We're happy that you joined the team! :)

Hi Mike, welcome to the Magazine which I am sure will benefit from your experience in the music world.
Welcome Mike. I know you from Electronic Musician and I appreciate your knowledge about music.
Welcome again, bye.
Antonio
Thanks Antonio, stilli and Psycom for the welcoming messages! :lol: