or
Create an account

or

Thread March 1, 2014 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 March 1, 2014 editorial: comments

Welcome to the newsletter. In case you didn't have a chance to get to Audiofanzine as much as you wanted to this week, you'll find all the new articles and reviews we posted, the latest user reviews, and the news stories we reported, all conveniently linked from here.

I wanted to highlight one of the articles that debuted on the Getting Started section this week, a comparison of the relative merits of multi-effects pedals vs. traditional pedalboards, because I’m really curious to hear your opinions on the subject.

I’ve had both types of setups over the years, and I have mixed feelings about which I prefer. Currently, I have a pedalboard that I take on most gigs, and a compact multi-effects pedal that I use for others.

Yes, I generally like the sound of my pedalboard effects more, and they’re easier to tweak on the fly, but the whole thing is big and bulky, and when I’m bringing a lot of other gear to a gig or rehearsal, I often opt for the much smaller multi-effects pedal. It's a tradeoff: I'm sacrificing a bit sonically, but I end up with a heck of a lot more effects at my disposal, and a lighter and smaller load to carry.   

I know this is a subject that can stir up strong opinions, and I’d love to see some of those in the comments section of the article, or the forums section under Getting Started. So go ahead and let us know which type of setup you prefer and why.

Mike Levine