or
Create an account

or

Thread April 26, 2014 editorial: comments

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 April 26, 2014 editorial: comments

There's lots of cool stuff to read about this week on the site. If you’re an Ableton Live user, or are just curious about the software, check out the interview with Jesse Terry of Ableton. Jesse is the product manager for, and one of the co-developers of the ultra-cool Push controller. Push was designed to make the creative process of music production as seamless as possible. In the interview, Terry talks about what he sees coming down the pike for Live and Push, and also reveals how important user-testing is to Ableton when they're developing products. They obviously value their users’ opinions a lot, which is great (and the way it should be). 

Also new this week is our two-part series on buying an audio interface. Trying to figure out which interface to buy can be a dizzying experience, between the inputs and the outputs, the balanced and the unbalanced, TS and TRS, FireWire, USB and now Thunderbolt, there’s a whole lot to wade through. If you want to make sense of it all, you’ll want to read both part 1 and part 2.

Have you noticed that we’ve been running a multipart series on mastering at home, as well? We posted part 5 this week, and there’s more to come. In this installment, the author offers up tips for how to use EQ when you’re mastering. I found it a very informative read, and if you’ve ever toyed with the idea of doing your own mastering, you will, too.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on our articles and reviews. Send me a comment here, or post to our forums.

Have a great week.

Mike Levine