or
Create an account

or

Thread ONLY GETTING LEFT SPEAKER! (MONO)

• 6 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 ONLY GETTING LEFT SPEAKER! (MONO)
ok, im a noob as you can see. . i just picked up the M audio delta 44. . . and i have it hooked up to my home stereo as for my monitor speakers. .but im only getting the left speaker. . its got the break out box with 4in's and 4out's. . . i have a 1/4 inch to RCA cable goin from the first out on the box to my stereo. . but im only getting the left. ..the delta's control panel monitor show's both L and R . .volumes up. . so i must have somthing to do w/ my adapter im using??. . anyone have any ideas?. . thanks:D
yeah, does the 1/4 inch to RCA adapter have a mono 1/4 inch plug, or a stereo. You can tell by whether the plug has 1 band or 2 on it. 1 is mono, 2 is stereo
you know im pretty sure its stereo, its got the 2 black bands around it, i was thinking about that when i wrote this post. . then i checked it. . and it was stereo w/ the 2 black bands around the tip. . any idea?
possibly the cables aren't soldered on correctly to the jack inside one of the components? its a frequent problem
I'm pretty sure the Del;ta 44 requires that you use both outputs 1 and 2 to create a stereo pair. Get another cable like the one you have. Run one fron the left input on your stereo to output one on the Delta. Run the other from the right input to output 2 on the Delta.

I bet you'll get both sides that way. :)
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
ok. so ive tried using 2 of the adapters before, and it dident work. but your post just made me try again. since there sitting right here in front of me. . and its working beautiuly. . . thank for the feed back . .
:D:D
Glad to be of service. ;)
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD