or
Create an account

or

Thread Preferences on sound card

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Preferences on sound card
Hi there, I`m new tothis site and thought I`d put my two pence worth in.

I am also a novice when it comes to setting up a PC recording studio. I`m looking to put together a laptop capable of recording live mixes and to produce and master onto CD.

I`ve come across Creatives Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum whilst surfing and this seems to have a good average rating. My question is ..... is there a soundcard out there with analogue inputs etc. that can be installed directly into a laptop without the need for a separate external drive??

Also will the quality reduce if there is such and all in one card???

Cheers

Jezpa
If you plan to record and master CD's you'll need a good quality soundcard. Unfortunately, all good soundcards for PC comme in an extrenal format: either USB, PCMCIA or Firewire.

If I knew tour budget I could help you more acurately
Are you planning on recording a band project, or are you planning to record a track at a time solo? It's a lot cheaper that way. If that's what you want to do, and your laptop has a USB port, you can use a USB device. There are several available these days. Check out http://www.midiman.com. I've had really good experiences with MAudio stuff, although I don't use a laptop and therefore use a PCI device on my desktop.

If you want to do a whole band, that's a totally different set of requirements!!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD